Local SEO is all about improving your website in such a manner it will get ranked easily for the local searches. Local SEO is an ongoing process that requires continual nurturing and attention for various different platforms and ranking factors. It also helps to get relevant traffic for your business. All the searches take place on google and other search engines. Local keyword research is an integral step to make sure that your efforts on website building, posting regular blogs, articles don’t go to waste. Without good SEO it gets difficult to rank your website, blog, article, etc.
Here are some important things which come at the time of local SEO:
- Find and focus on keywords with high search volume and less competition.
- Leverage broad, high-competition keywords for local search.
- Always make sure your content is relevant to your targeted keywords.
- Don’t neglect your overall timely SEO campaign.
Factors to consider while doing local keyword research:
- Find out business requirement:
You should know what is your business requirement like what type of people you want to visit your online or offline store. According to that you need to find out your target audience and target them as per the local SEO.
- Find out the FAQ:
Frequently asked questions can help you to understand what does people mainly need. You can do keyword research and add faq in your content while doing content strategy.
- Use long tail keywords:
Long-tail keywords are longer and more specific keyword phrases that visitors are more likely to use when they’re closer to a point-of-purchase or when they’re using voice search. They’re a little bit counter-intuitive, at first, but they can be hugely valuable if you know how to use them.
- Keywords planner:
Plan out main keyword, primary keywords as well as secondary keywords. Try to use all of them in your content. Main keyword should be used most of the times. Do not overuse the keywords as they decrease your appearance.
- Use SEO review tools:
Content planner is one of the best tool to review and understand your content. In that tool, you can check your SEO score as well as you also you can also generate meta title and meta description.
- Plan keywords before content:
Do not start writing if you didn’t planned about the content. Keyword research is must.
- Language is also important:
You should use the language according to local people. People search the things by their language.
All search volumes and metrics are calculated for the selected location. If we want to check other locations or languages, we can do so anytime. For example, we can select “pune” city, for mumbai it will be different. The results will be different. It means different search volumes, keyword difficulty and organic search results.
KEYWORD RESEARCH TOOLS
- Google Search Console.
- Ahrefs Keywords Explorer.
- Google Keyword Planner.
- Moz Keyword Explorer.
- Google trends
- Uber suggest
Steps for the local keywords research:
- Understand your audience and then start preparing your content.
- Search main, primary and secondary keywords and note it down.
- Look for search volume, search difficulty
- Less search difficulty is good for the SEO and search volume should be high.
- Use focused keyword more times.
- After writing your content do the content analysis and use SEO review tool to check the SEO score. The score should be more than 80%.
Information for the local SEO is dependent on the local information. So, the information should be relevant.
Search appearance is depend on the use of your keywords.